Step by Step to The Home Buying Process
You are about to traverse the most exciting, frustrating and stressful time. With that said, I want you to know that as your Real Estate agent I will be there from start to FOREVER!
My goal is to make this process as seamless as I can knowing that there are many variables and moving parts to a transaction that are out of our control. We will navigate those as we go through the process together. I will be there to answer any and all calls you have, discuss all options that are out there.
I created a list, which allows you to see the process of the moving parts
- Do you have a Lender? If not I have recommendations for you.
- Get prequalified with the lender of your choosing
- Once Pre-qualified we will discuss the criteria of home that you NEED and MUST have
- Once you view homes within the MLS system we can choose homes you would like to view and go look at them.
I found my home, now What?
- We will run comparable to verify the price of home is in line with market value
- We will prepare an offer, sign electronically and submit to the other agent
- Waiting is the hardest part, I know!
- The seller has 3 options; Accept offer, Counter Offer or reject Offer
- If we get a counter offer, we will review and either accept, counter or reject
YAY, we are under contract!
- We have 3 days to provide the option fee (typically $150) and earnest funds (Typically 1% of the contract price)
- Line up inspectors (Typical cost $350-$500)
- Prepare repair amendment, based on inspection findings. We look at hazard issues or items that are non-functioning
- We then negotiate repairs (our 2nd negotiation point in the transaction)
- We all agree on the repairs and execute amendment
Heading towards closing, How exciting!
- Appraisal ordered by Lender
- Lender may require other documentation from you
- Appraisal comes in (if lower than contract amount, this is our 3rd negotiation step)
- Lender will provide Approval and then a clear to close
- Schedule utilities to be turned on
- Set a time to sign paperwork at title
As you can see there are several steps that go into organizing and managing a transaction, I am with you every step of the way. I believe every party to the transaction is a teammate and we are all here for the common goal of getting our buyers the home they want.